Saturday 11 August 2012

The Dream in full

I apologize for posting this later then expected, but I ended up sleeping longer then I wanted; being shaken out of a sound sleep by someone yelling in your ear is not a way I want to get woken up, thank you very much Jack. Needless to say, I was annoyed at him for most of the day - but it was nothing compared to the shit I've been through, so I let it go. After all, he did save my life - so I guess he's entitled to beat me up every now and then. 

Anyway, we're now back on the road, headed towards Maryland. I'm excited, because I've never actually been there - I hear that there's nothing around in the state, that it's pretty desolate, but still - it's somewhere I haven't been and it'll be an adventure, ontop of it! Bonus points to me since that adventure involves The Weaver. 


It took me a while to work up the courage to write this post, but I figure that I promised you folks I'd describe my dream in full, I should honour that promise; I don't really want the reputation of a liar and a two-face to go with the "crazy motherfucker" persona I already have from most of the people I knew back home. 

I was back in some kind of forest. But this time, it wasn't the same as the other dreams I've had - it was just all...black. The trees had no colour, the ground, nothing - it was just...black. Like I was looking at the world through colour-blind eyes. I just remember feeling a sense of panic, and I started running - hard. I mean, I was running so fast that my legs felt as though they were going to break off at any moment. I just knew I had to get away from..something, and that fear was driving me forward. 

I eventually stopped running, when I felt I was safe. I stopped and looked around - I was still in the forest, but now there was a mist that was closing around me. The mist was...wrong. It wasn't regular weather. I tried to get away, but it followed me wherever I went, and blocked my escape. I knew, I just knew - I couldn't walk through it to escape, so I had to stay still. 

And then He showed up. Right on cue, I see the suit and the tentacles come through the mist - not even walking, I remember; almost like he was gliding towards me. He stopped about 5 feet away from me and lifted up one of His...tentacle things, and extended it towards me. It stopped right in front of my face and it curled out - I could see then it was holding something. 

A pen. And the old, leather notebook that Lillith had wrote in. 

I looked up at His no-face again and just remembered shaking my head; I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't give in, I couldn't. 

And then...

Out of nowhere, He smiled. 

I'll never forget the smile as long as I live. It was just so fucking creepy. There's no image that would do it justice, so the best I can do is illustrate it with a bit of keyboard mixing: 

:> 

Sebastian

No comments:

Post a Comment